So I have just done a youtube video on interview tips and thought I would put pen to paper with my tips as well.
- research the company. I would say to know 5 points about the company and try to link yourself to the points. (Example: When I joined my company they were in there centenary year and done a lot of charity work. I do a lot of charity work with children and youth clubs so I linked the two)
- prepare for the interview, have key points written down either in a folder or a notepad but have them on you so if you need to refer to them you can
- take a pen and paper so you can take notes of what is being said if you wont remember later
- have a glass of water so if you feel to nervous you can pick the glass up to give you something to concentrate on rather then fidgeting
- feel as confident as possible. say a mantra to yourself of how amazing you are. if you don't believe in yourself and think your good enough for the job why will anyone else.
- dress smart bu comfortable.if you feel comfortable in flat shoes then wear them. you don't need to wear heels ts better to feel comfortable while your sitting there.
- if you normally wear bright colours (like me) then stick to one colour. eg a red cardigan and shoes. but don't go overboard with the colour.
IF you are unsuccessful with the interview just think there loss and there missing out on a fantastic person like you. all interviews are experiences and that we can't put a price on.
Sorry for the wordy blog and no pretty pictures (or scary faces in my case) hope you enjoy this blog post and it was helpful.